Friday, May 30, 2014

Memories


The C'est Magnifique June Kit has been released and I created this layout using the kit.  This sweet little thing is my niece Callie, who is about to turn 3 years-old.  When she was a little smaller, she loved to climb in this open-area of the television cabinet.   I couldn't resist getting a photo of her.

I chose to go with the neutrals in the kit since the photo has such neutral colors.  I added some texture to the background by spraying three colors of Prima Color Blooms on my craft sheet, in the position I wanted them on my background paper.  I then put down my stencil so it could get wet.  Next, I carefully placed the stencil, mist side down, on my background paper.  I got this wonderful color transfer.

I used the rest of mist on the stencil for a page in my art journal.   I never throw it away!  Then I cleaned off the stencil, and put it back on my layout, matching the pattern.  Using some heavy gesso, I used the stencil to apply some dimension in a random pattern, but not filling in every area that was misted.



Here's a look at the entire June Kit from C'est Magnifique kits:





This amazing kit was so much fun to use.  I wasn't able to put it away yet because I still have plans to create a couple more layouts with it.


Enjoy your weekend!  ~ Valerie

No comments: