Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Cute Stuff


Hi there!  I must admit that my niece Callie is about the cutest thing ever.  I created this layout as a design team project for Blue Fern Studios.  I began with the In Bloom paper from the Blue Fern Garden Collection (which happens to be my very favorite from the collection).  

There are various ways to start a layout - with a photo, a certain sheet of paper, or some embellishments.  But for this one, I began with title.  It's part of the Good Vibes chipboard set from Blue Fern.  I also used the Berry Stems, Graduated Circles, and Jeweled Trinket chipboard pieces.  

The Blue Fern chipboard pieces are so easy to alter so they will blend perfectly with your layout.  I typically prime the chipboard pieces with gesso because it's easier to work with.  Then it's easy to paint, ink, and/or emboss the pieces.   I did all three techniques when creating this layout.

This piece (one of the small Graduated Circles) was inked, then heat embossed using Ranger Antiquities Frosted Crystal embossing powder.


On the title, I first applied some Donna Salazar Mixed Media Ink to make sure I had full coverage.  When it dried, I used a make-up sponge to apply some Inka Gold.


I love to tuck in some chipboard pieces with my flowers.  Here I thought that white would work best.  Instead of using just gesso, I painted the Berry Stems and Jeweled Trinkets with Golden Titanium White Heavy Body Paint.  It produces a white that is not as dull as gesso.


I love adding chipboard to my layouts.  I hope you will give it a try.  You can find a list of retailers who carry Blue Fern Studios products (chipboard and paper) on the website HERE.  It's available all over the world!

Thanks for stopping by today!
~Valerie

No comments: