Saturday, May 17, 2014

Backyard Boy


Hi everyone and welcome to Saturday!

Today I want to share another layout that began with a title.  I immediately knew the photo that I wanted to use with this title from Blue Fern Studios.   I think we all probably have some Backyard Boys in our lives.  The paper is from the Blue Fern Garden collection. 

This close-up shows one of the arrows from the Directions set of Blue Fern chipboard. I primed this one with gesso, then rubbed on some Tim Holtz Distress Ink.  When it was dried, I stamped it with the Off the Grid stamp from Stampin' Up.  I also used this stamp on several places in the background of my layout.  And the little bits of mist are from the new Tim Holtz Spritzer tool.  It's the first time I've used it, and I must say that I really like the fine dots I got using it with a Copic marker.


Here I tucked in a little flower from the Bohemian Flowers chipboard set.  It is also colored with Distress Ink.


I initially wanted to leave the chipboard Backyard Boy title bare, but I decided to apply some Versamark ink, and heat emboss it with clear embossing powder.  I love the look!  It made the chipboard appear darker and gave it some shine.


Thanks a lot for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoyed seeing how I use Blue Fern Studios chipboard and paper.  If you aren't following their Blog, be sure to head over there.  I must say we have the absolute best design team ever, and you will truly be inspired by the level of creatively!

~Valerie

No comments: