Friday, February 28, 2014

Between Winter & Spring

It's here.......the March kit from C'est Magnifique kits!  This kit is a combination of beautiful winter teal/turquoise tones in the UHK paper, and gorgeous blooms from the Blue Fern paper.  What an awesome mix!  Here's a look at the kit titled "Between Winter & Spring". 

 photo MarchKitPhoto650_zps81e25951.jpg

Kit Paper:
UHK: Winter Is Coming: Butterfly Effect
UHK: Winter Is Coming: Wheel of Fortune
UHK: Winter Is Coming: Song of Ice
UHK: Winter Is Coming: Letter from Home
UHK: Winter Is Coming: Do You Remember
UHK: Winter Is Coming: Dream of Spring
Blue Fern Studio: Blue Fern Garden: Picnic
Blue Fern Studio: Blue Fern Garden: Boudoir
Blue Fern Studio: Blue Fern Garden: In Bloom
Blue Fern Studio: Blue Fern Garden: Parlour
Blue Fern Studio: Blue Fern Garden: Calling Cards
Blue Fern Studio: Blue Fern Garden: Signature
Blue Fern Studio: Blue Fern Garden: Timeless
Blue Fern Studio: Blue Fern Garden: Love Letters

 photo MarchKitClosecollage650_zps36321544.jpg

Kit Embellishments:
Art Anthology Colorations Spray: Heart
KaiserCraft: Wooden Flourish: Square Frame
American Crafts: Memo Alphabet: Newsprint
Petaloo: Mixed Textured Mini Blossoms: Teal
Prima: Butterfly Kiss: Madeline
Prima: Songbird Vine: Pink
White Applique

This kit is one of my favorites EVER.  I love the UHK paper (which is a neutral-colored resist on the back side), and the Blue Fern Garden paper is a perfect addition.  

Here's a layout that I created using this kit and the UHK paper for the background.  The darker pink paper was made using the resist paper and the Art Anthology spray that is in the kit.  I love this fun photo of my nephew and his wife at their wedding reception.


Here's a look at the UHK resist paper that has been misted.


I love the sticker words that are in Magnifique Mixed Media kit (sold out).  
They are perfect for adding a title that doesn't take up a lot of space.


Here I disassembled the Blue Fern Studios Jeweled Page Dangles that are in this month's Embellishment Add-on.   I wanted to add some black accents to this layout so I primed the chipboard with gesso, then painted it black.  Paint daubers are perfect for painting the chipboard with no mess.

  
My floral cluster was made using the lace applique that's in the kit, along with some flowers from the Flower Add-on.  I added a little seam binding from my stash.


I have a couple more layouts to share with you in the near future, so I hope you will check back.  Thanks for stopping by!

~Valerie

No comments: