Monday, October 7, 2013

A Little Sweetie and Some Blue Fern

Hi all.  I wanted to share with you a layout I made recently using some Blue Fern Studios chipboard and paper from 7 Dots Studio, whose design team was teamed up with Blue Fern in September.  I love 7 Dots paper so it was a great joy to get to work with it in September.  I used the Messy Head collection for this layout

For this layout I used a photo of my nephew Keegan.  Isn't he just the sweetest!  He just turned 2 and when they have birthdays, it always makes me want to look back at their infant photos.


I used the Blue Fern Organic Vine in my flower cluster.  
I cut it apart into small sections and colored it using Gelatos.


The Blue Fern Bordeaux Frame is used with the photo.  It has several layers (this chipboard stands up to much abuse), and I just kept going until I achieved the effect I wanted.  Here I used gesso, Distress Stain, Distress Ink, and two shades of Inka Gold (Old Silver and Platinum).
 

For the little butterfly from the Gabrielle Butterfly Set, I primed it with Gesso, then colored it with Pitt Artist Big Brush Pens in a couple of shades.  I wiped some of it off while it was still wet to get a distressed look.
 

I love using Blue Fern Chipboard and finding new and creative ways to alter it.  Of course you also have the option of using it raw which looks really nice, too.

I also wanted to let you know that Blue Fern Studios has posted the October Sketch Challenge on their blog.  Here's a look at the sketch:


You can find all the details HERE on their blog.  You have the entire month of October to participate.

Have a great week, everyone!  ~~~Valerie

No comments: