Monday, September 30, 2013

Simply Lovely

Happy Monday!  We had a wonderful weekend and I hope you did, too.  Today, C'est Magnifique Kits is revealing their October Kit, and I can't wait to show it to you.  It's called "Summer's Last Dance" and I absolutely love the colors!  The paper is from the 9th Wave Collection from 7 Dots Studio and Tilda.  There are kits available in the store, along with the add-ons. 


Take a look at a couple of close-ups:


How about that? -- you get a full size jar of texture paste!


So, here is one of the layouts that I created using the kit, with a photo of my niece, Abby.  I used the Marrakesh panel from the embellishment add-on and painted it black so it would stand out.  I used Golden paint so I would get good coverage.  


I added some of the Tilda paper behind the open spaces of the chipboard panel.




Supplies from my stash to add some interest to the background and to cover the chipboard:
Dylusions Black Marble Mist
Tattered Angels Chalkboard Mist - Splash
Lindy's Starburst - Tibetan Poppy Teal
Golden Fluid Acrylic Paint - Carbon Black

I'm looking forward to showing you more from this kit in the coming week.  Check back tomorrow when I'll be posting the October sketch challenge and my layout using the sketch.

~~~Valerie

No comments: