Friday, May 23, 2014

Bundle of Joy


Welcome to the weekend!  I don't know about you, but I really need some time to relax.  Since it's a long weekend here in the States, I also hope to get some time to create.

I am super excited to have the new Blue Fern Studios Ombré Dreams paper collection sitting right on my scrap table!!  I am in love with this paper.  Watercolor is so popular right now, and the background has a stunning watercolor look to it.   The sweet little bundle of joy in this photo is my nephew Keegan.  
I took this photo of him shortly after he was born.  What a precious boy!

Here are a couple of close-ups of the Ombré Dreams paper where you can see the background detail 
and the beautiful flowers in the corners.




See what I mean?  I also used one of the newer chipboard pieces, Wild Flourish Bundle.  
I primed it with gesso, then painted it with Golden Titanium White paint, because I wanted it to be really white.  
I already know that this will be piece I use often!


That's all for today.  Enjoy your weekend and take some time to remember the brave 
men and women who have give their lives for our freedom.   ~ Valerie

No comments: