Friday, December 6, 2013

Queen Bee

I most affectionately refer to my niece, Makenzie, as "Queen Bee".  She likes to be in charge.  She is also the most loveable little girl I know.  She was so full of hugs and kisses on Thanksgiving!  I love to be around her because you can't help but smile and be happy.  


I used several pieces of chipboard from Blue Fern Studios on this layout including The Graduated Circles (I love this set), Vintage Keys, Pretty Weeds, and The Latest Buzz.  Three U.S. companies that carry a huge assortment of Blue Fern Chipboard are A Cherry on Top, Blue Moon Scrapbooking, and C'est Magnifique Kits.  A full list of retailers who carry Blue Fern Studios products can be found here on their website.

To alter the chipboard I first covered all pieces with gesso.  I always like to start with a primed surface.  I then used the following products: Shimmerz Enamelz in Sparkliscious and Gold Digger, Lindy's MoonShadow ink in Silhouette Silver, Inka Gold in Old silver and Old Gold, Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Picket Fence, and Ink (any kind will work).   Achieving the color I want is never an exact science.  I just add little bits of color until I get something that I like. 

Thanks for stopping by!  ~~~ Valerie

3 comments:

Davi said...

Your niece is beautiful and your layout is gorgeous! So soft and feminine to go with her sweet pic :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!

Vicky Alberto said...

just too cute!