Monday, February 10, 2014

"Love You"

I find myself using the word "Love" a lot in my layouts this month, but since it's February, I think it's only natural.  This is my first layout created using paper from the Blue Fern Garden collection.  I sure love this paper and the awesome detail that can be seen in the background. 

I also used the Numbers Grid chipboard piece from Blue Fern Studios to build my background.  I first primed it with gesso, used some Distress Stain, then some Distress Glitter.  This large chipboard piece is wonderful because it can be cut apart (if you wish) and used on several projects.  I also think it would be great for a birthday card. 

This is my sweet nephew who had the most gorgeous curls when he was a toddler.  I have always loved this photo.  The drips on the background were created using watercolors, my new favorite medium.






Have a great week!  ~Valerie

No comments: